Saturday, March 22, 2008

too much change or not enough (5 senses short)

Now i'm feeling like
change is something more
than currency in a cash register
but it's based loosely on the fact
that we will always have change
whether it be in our pockets
or in our hearts or minds
and i'm just not sure anymore
what about me has changed
drop a penny in a wishing well
to wish myself well
in a sea of green and greed
and there's nothing wrong
with having money
but when it becomes you
then you should
just maybe
back away
or spend less
or spend more
and turn back to me
into the sea
of something new
something unique
but i lost that feeling
the loss of feeling anything
of anything unique
i'm the dead artifact
of hundreds of people
that lived before me
i am everything
i've ever known
but now i just don't know
and that's how it ends
in the morning at ten
when i fall asleep
to wake at 6
until then
this is my fix

No comments: