Monday, March 17, 2008

kingdom come (will you be done?)

She says
it's so easy to hate you
and that's their excuse
it's easy
but it's hard on me
take one for the team
i lost my dream
it's medicine
it's a secret cancer
every cell is dying
caught in the wake of
fake friends that don't love

another girl
she says sorry for what the other said
but her apology
is a ready to buy impersonal Hallmark card
I wish there was some sincerity to it
but it's another cheap piece of bullshit
these days nobody's more a fake than you
I'm fake, you're fake, everyone's fake in some way
I'm not so much a fake the way they are
but I don't remember who I am
but I'd like to think I do
I'm fake in the robot kind of way
cheap s(k)inthetics

The reason to breathe has become just breathe
living has become just a hard habit to break
but there's really no life there
another song and dance
on mute
that's your life
and mine's going nowhere
welcome to loneliness
population: one
atleast I'm my own fucking mayor, my own king
but there's no queen
toast to a life of never having anyone
and cheers to my recent achievement
I found out that nobody is real
this is just a bunch of lights.camera.reaction

No comments: