Thursday, March 13, 2008

administering anesthesia to the shit talkers (just sleep on it)

Apathy
mapped out so you can see
hitting assholes like it's a damn plague
the good in them is very vague
Well she says she can't see the good in me
like it's a dead fad, milk that's going bad
I'm covered in sour, dead skin
hands congealed with beneficent sin
so now my invention becomes my intervention
my parting becomes the biggest party of the year
hearing that makes me wanna stay right here
but I can't, I'm not part of the afterparty
tell you what look here mister smarty
you ain't half the shit they say you are
and as for you and your fancy car
you can wreck that shit cuz you're dead so far
man and machine becoming best friends
that's another one of them futuristic trends
and when one of them bends
the other has armies he sends
robots flying airplanes
dead man skin coated on trains
you can only live when this all dies
sever your otherworldly ties
snap back in the game, focus on the frame
this is all too much, another headrush
I'm so busy trying to be a savior
but you know I really can't save her
or anyone for that matter
it's just a shame to know I almost had her
and look at me now, mad as a damn hatter
when I go, I just hope my head won't splatter
let my own offing be my offering
as a sign I meant peace
watching a fast motion movie that needs to be freezed
send out my salvation station signals
all the war torn cultured clients vs. the carefully conditioned lawyers
like this whole thing was some Jesus
God would never send such graphic signs of grace
this is the time where you change or save face
I'm an inspiration for good born in the wrong place
like an angel in hell, or a innocent man in jail
well does my controversy help sales
or the fact that I always fail
no success to address, far more worse than you'd bet
well they put my mistakes on a cross
look at what he's done, but it's just their loss
one day they'll miss out on the gameplan
watch their face as the camera pans
to the right, they have been left
like a national epidemic of identity theft
you aren't who you thought you were
now the rest is a blur
seeking redemption in a river
no one here to baptize you
caught in the moment of your chastized view
you're hell sent, trying to be heaven bent
but that's a false imitation of what Jesus says
and if he does, he's another bullshit president
and I think it's evident
if he's got hate in his heart
then hypocrisy's one hell of an art
but that's where this ends, and my journey starts
Game over.Restart
Reincarnate.Get real
Loss of touch.feel
Bad case of dead skin.peel
Maybe some day you can.heal
but it's not today
my life's a deck of cards. I'll deal
so in closing I'd like to say
I wish this could happen some other way
but you won't be seeing me after today
a blessing to most, like singing the fray
to the ones who actually cared, I'm going away
a permanent vacation in my own isolation
provisions of various divisions
all look at me, tell me what do you see
well that's what's wrong with being free
you can say whatever you want
but you don't know shit, you're so dilettante
this is goodbye, nice life, maybe I'll be back
like a patient under the knife
I appreciate your attention, this is goodnight
(if criticism is like alcohol, go light)

No comments: