Thursday, March 20, 2008

a few quotes i call friends

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs
He not busy being born is busy dying.
Bob Dylan
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased. Kanye West
And I know I'm paranoid and neurotic, I've made a career out of it. Thom Yorke
Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight. Johnny Cash
We are not the sum of our possessions. George H. W. Bush
It's not for any purpose such as religion, health, or things like that, I just never felt I had the need or want to drink or do drugs. Dane Cook
Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money. Robin Williams
In the world we make good as evil and evil as good. James Caviezel
My significant other right now is myself, which is what happens when you suffer from multiple personality disorder and self-obsession. Joaquin Phoenix
Money and success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there. Will Smith
I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? Ernest Hemingway
There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it's like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges. Ernest Hemingway
All morons hate it when you call them a moron. J. D. Salinger
Give me rampant intellectualism as a coping mechanism. Chuck Palahniuk
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself. Chuck Palahniuk
The only difference between suicide and martyrdom is press coverage. Chuck Palahniuk
Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking. ~Clifton Fadiman
If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune. ~Griff Niblack
When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake. ~From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk
Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people. ~Martina Navratilova
Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines
Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality. ~James Baldwin
Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?" ~John Stewart

No comments: