Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Girls will never stop leaving themselves open (salt in the wound)

Everything I am
Everything you shouldn't be
Everything this was
Everything it's meant to be
Everything I said
Everything you need to see
Every word of it
I'll make you believe
Girl you're his trophy
Girl you're his prize
Do you ever wonder
why he never looks in your eyes?
Stay awake
Fall asleep
It'll never be the same
He just gave it a lift
and changed its name
But I originally invented you
Everything I said you do
The result of countless hours
Exchange and trade of powers
Blasted another hole in the wall
Maybe this time I won't fall
Out of the way and in your view
I sacrificed every color except blue
I need the sorrow sometimes to stay alive
I feel left out in this beehive
Gathering honey from distant flowers
I remember the way you taste during showers
Of rain or meteors or in the bathroom
Your eyes painted with mascara
You're the embodiment of gloom
I thought I was but i found out
what all of this was about
You're my goddess of failed relationships
I'm just the king of thrusting your hips
Deep into mine, my eyes aligned with your spine
I think that by now you should be mine
I made a temple for you deep in my heart
The mayans should've hidden
but they didn't, their civilization fell apart
Another chamber in my heart
Another chamber in the gun
Another script without a part
Another scene left undone
She consumes my soul like a black hole
I'm an "actor" in a movie without a role
Another invention someone has stolen from me
I guess I should've copyrighted my discovery
I am Columbus and I discovered you
He coated himself over me with glue
I won't surrender and say "I'll never win"
but I know this will just keep happening over and over again
I've read all the goodbyes, told alot of good lies
You tell them better tho, and that's no surprise
You study yourself and your speeches in the mirror
She tells you she's sad but you never hear her
and I've lost her to you, what a tragic mistake
Now I'll never be able to feel I'm awake
Asleep for eternity, literally living a dream
While the body on the outside cries and bleeds
I know I could be better, I could fulfill all your needs
You and I would look better as the definite leads
Tonight these tears will cut fresh scars
Remember the passion as you look at the stars
That was us on dark Friday nights
Sitting on a bench under the lights
Your eyes have me lost like constellations
"Better luck next time" is his best consolation
Tell him to never touch you or me again
I wanna make holy his devilish grin
but another hand on you or another threat
I'll make sure my name is something he'll never forget
And with one last look at how we are at this minute
This is something beautiful and he'll never be in it

No comments: