Wednesday, March 5, 2008

spending the night laying in bed alone

Drinking champagne with another ghost
The memories are more than a toast
Forgotten, but not forgiven, she sits in a corner
Dust collects and becomes the dress that adorns her
Second chances to get a first try
He stares in the night at the shapeless sky
He thinks of the times she made him cry
He regrets that "forever" was all just a lie
If you don't notice, this story's "he"
is simply a way of saying it's me
Addiction support groups vs. Being alone
Atleast they don't feel this, it's down to the bone
Like a sharp knife digging in my skull
Cutting into my mind a six foot hole
Memories more like mausoleums
Burying ex loves so you don't see em
Your hair grows long in the front, cut in the back
Your hair dyed blood red, your coon tails are black
You're perfect in every sense of the state
and everything about me is so second rate
Well I guess this is it so I'm saying goodbye
and regarding your infidelity, nice try

No comments: