Tuesday, March 18, 2008

America, the land of greed (and bullshit and apathy and....etc.)

fake the parade

play the charade

you're the hero

America's finest

you kill the underdog

and drown the downtrodden

taking one for the team

well, take two

the money and the dignity

of millions

and it's justified

in God's name

we slay

well you're not

not a hero
but nobody here is good
America the excuse
America the falsely righteous
America the absolute(ly wrong)
America the beautiful(ly untrue)
I'll stand against this nation
Call me the outlaw
Call me the traitor
I am...awake
I have seen the lie
I have found truth
and in my discovery
I have switched sides
I am now the enemy
but it's no worse
than being the fogotten
the outcast
Being patriotic
for me
is chaotic
ready for change
America isn't
America is still
the same
racist
fascist
prejudiced
a nation of fakes and liars
who are normal
but i'm not
I am no clone
I prefer to stand out
and if it kills me
who cares
I'm no fake
at the end of the day
I'm myself
at the end of the day
you're everybody else
You make no difference
so lay there and stay still
that's what everyone else
is doing
you're done
salute your Untrue Statements of Apathy
but i will never trade in my flag for yours

No comments: