Thursday, March 6, 2008

The forgiveness of my sins (a bottle of xanax)

Churches are the hospitals for sinners
Everybody wants to be closest to the preacher
He has the cure for them, He's bringing Jesus
Some people are in for intensive care, others for checkups
Hospitals can operate the same way
Churches for the sick
The doctor is their preacher
Surgeries are miracles of God worked through well-trained doctors
Some people are looking for God in prescription pills
Our infected sense of ourselves crave antibiotics
School is neither of these
Everybody accepts their sickness and sin
They use it to get what they want
They judge those around them
They're the reverse lepers
Instead of facing ridicule, they do the ridiculing
I have a medication, a prayer for them at the tip of my tongue
but I'm the one who needs medicating the most
My bipolar skin craving the cure
I am crucified daily for my condition
Am I the Jesus of The Jaded?
The Mohammad of The Mentally Ill?
The Ghandi of "Get over yourselves"?
The Savior of The Sleepless?
The Messiah of The Misunderstood?
I'm just trying to quarantine the close-minded
I don't care if I'm the open wound
I think God would want it this way

No comments: