Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This would make a hell of a story, but 9/11 beat me to the front page

I missed myself
like an early morning plane
I got out of bed too late
I've waited in line so long
to find myself
and I fell out
now everybody has a piece of me
and I don't even have a clue
I've been hijacked
on the flight back
so God knows where I am
and it's so ironic, damn
Making mentals notes like
"I miss you" or
"I wish you were here"
and the sad thing is
I am
Taking the phrase
To myself
to a new level
to somewhere it should never go
remember the hijacking
well it's taken effect
The airline has a whole new policy
Me lately is the aftertaste
That bitter flavor in your mouth
that you have to drink something
just to make it go away
I am having to adjust
adapt
evolve
die
reincarnate
to the new settings
and whether I know it or not
I am my own hijacker

No comments: