Saturday, February 16, 2008

Where devastation and recreation begin relation

So the odds are stacked against me
Let's call this even
Tried to set the chances in my favor
You only turned them against me
Behold, we are the lonely
Open your eyes, we are the only
Nights spent in a trainwreck
You never know how it is
until she's got the gun to your head
I wish these eyes could see lies
"Oh, you really don't wanna do this"
Now call me the bad guy, but who's got the gun here?
You can't fix the problem
If only it was as easy as moving
It's only over cuz we can only go back
The storms have destroyed our hearts
These cities are torn apart and turned to ghost towns
You are to me what Katrina was to Louisiana
Construction is underway but the sorrow is overflowing
The faces of so many emotions ruined
I am still trying to find a prayer that fits the situation
I'm still trying to stitch myself together from the desperation
One day the sun is gonna burn out and make you pay
I call it my way of ending your never ending day

No comments: