Thursday, February 7, 2008

I knew you would betray me (but i let you get away)

Being alone in a room
I swear the things you'll dream
would scare your parents or a priest
Thoughts of suicide form in a cloud
of crimson red guilt and certain doubt
but my wrists say otherwise
they're stuck together, the skin's not seperated
so at the end of the night, which one of us calls the shots
cause i've put away my guns
and if you see her face, you'll know exactly what i mean
the nights are so hard when no one's around to be seen
good conversations destroyed in bad taste
but we'll steer this ship the best we can
until someday we crash upon the shores of an undiscovered land
or maybe it's a familiar memory
well my brains just coasting on the fumes of all of my past identities
when everything you thought was true shows itself as fake
where will you be? who's heart will you break?
will you be like Jesus breaking bread? or will you be more like a bull in a china shop?
cuz Jesus went to heaven soon after, but the bull was slaughtered
are you doing this out of humility or doing this because it comes naturally?
well i'm not signing this contract for another day of this
your eyes just say "traitor"
you're Judas and I think we just had our last kiss
well when they take me to Pilate, tell em about my idea
tell them i believe we are all equal and we are all free
it's a shame i'm dying for you, and i don't care

No comments: