Monday, February 25, 2008

Swing bands and jazz hands (i thought this was a hardcore show)

Somewhere on the other side of the state
They know our name
I am so ob(li)vious
I'm letting go of multicolored letdowns
I know you what makes you sweat sweetheart
I know what makes your swear sugar
It's 2 p.m. and you're late for work
You should've just called in sick
Oh honey, you got blood on your new hands
The operation was a success
Her memory won't let her forget it
You'll never let it go
You can't forget to regret
Time won't let you live (or the guilt)
So take a few friends and call your best pills
Just take a new excuse and lay down
We can't fail this time baby
I just wish I knew what to do
A knife in a sword fight
You can't put a period at the beginning
So as you lose the scent of oxygen
Inhale the helium
Light as a feather, but our lives are so heavy
Hit the lights and let's go down in history

No comments: