Friday, February 15, 2008

Turning off the power now (we should just slow down)

I've got stitches on the insides cuz i'm hurting from all the free rides
Let you in through the power lines, scarring my ears and eyes
Tired of turning you on and not getting off
Stand off or stand out, this silence is too loud
Hang from a rope tied to your heart
I'm just looking for a new start
from humble beginnings, we were winning
now to dead ends, we used to be friends
Don't change the topic, no matter how sick
If you have an issue, please grab a tissue
I stopped crying when you started trying
My tears fell from under your sleeve
Now that you want them, I'll keep them trimmed
No matter looking back, we're done with that
To your jealousy, just believe in me
and for all of your cynical needs I leave these typical things
I may wake up when and if my phone rings

No comments: