Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Making a Market Strategy (How to (avoid) sell(ing) yourself short)

I was the result of too many failed attempts
I was not the same person I was last year
After so many years of the same depression
The success rate began to match the initial supply
There was not enough to ration out at this time
Like flu shots at vacant clinics
You wouldn't give a doctor's office in the middle of a ghost town
every last dose of a hepatitis vaccine
This was closer to my existence than I can even think
You wouldn't give a shot of success to someone who doesn't mind being depressed
This was how I saw things
It's how I still see them
My mouth is going off like a metal detector
You really just wanna beat the shit out of it
Just make the fucking noise stop
Just make the breathing stop
Just don't let your disgust for it stop
You destroy things that you end up regretting
Another step away from being the poster child of the present day pushover
After so long the pushover becomes the pusher
We must never be the target market, but target a market
Who do we identify with?
Who will buy what we sell?
Is our product reasonable?
Does anybody really give a shit?
We are in charge of the packaging of our past
We are the producers of our present
We are the focus group of our future
I want sales to be at an all time high
but I would never want to sell out
I am no one's tool
I am not my high school counterparts
They can be used
They talk so much shit
but they suffer from the abuse
Day to day, believing their "friends" care about them
They only care about what they can get from them
Beer, drugs, girls
Things they are too lazy to get on their own
Things they probably can't get on their own
When your friend throws in some bullshit compliments
It's really easy to get laid from the girl he's still fucking
If this isn't a caricature of the business world
then I don't know what is
Just never be someone's business
Just mind your own business
Make yourself an image
Promote yourself
In ten to fifteen years
if all goes well
you may be hotter than plasma screen TVs
in ten to fifteen years, that won't be shit

No comments: