Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The subtle style in staying a(t)wake(s)

Somewhere the operation failed
Desperate glances into a mirror
It never tells the truth
Never what I want to see
Never who I want to be
Might as well be faceless
Maybe then I could face this
No image to put on a tab
Nothing to credit as responsible
Oh can't we just let this go
We will just watch our lovers go
True friends stay at the end of the day
They lied when they said....
Well they lied when they said forever
The payments made
The "friends" never stayed
The party ended not long after
They never stay for too long
Maybe I'm just obvious
Maybe you prayed for this
Nothing I can do about it now
A hundred questions for a ghost
Only to be answered by a corpse
Closed casket and open ended
Go home tonight, there's no one left

No comments: