Monday, April 7, 2008

we're only as successful as the press coverage we attract

Smile
you don't exist
I'm taking pictures
making you wish you were there
when all along you thought you were
now you're a shell
your life's hell
and there's no reason to smile anymore
I thought I knew
but that wasn't you
it was a guide on how to feel real
but it didn't say what to do
once you had been found out
and tonight I swear I found you
and even though you're nothing
you're something
a whore, for lack of a better word
a slut, but you don't want me
so cameras off
and film developed
let's be honest
you're not fooling anyone
and was I really that bad?
cuz I thought I was hard to spot
but you know me too well
just because you invented a new image
in your mind
of me
of who I am
of what I am
of how much you hate me
and how I don't deserve the attention
so if I go out tonight
I'm taking you with me
like a gun like a late start like an invitation
the crashing part is the least of your problems

No comments: