Friday, April 25, 2008

Burning the budget (no need to be reel)

When I say best friends, you say liar
best friends
liar
best friends
liar
letting the fake friends in the backdoor again
sneaking through my mind like I know you shouldn't be here
I shouldn't be awake
we're temporarily working on that
insomnia makes me feel this way i do about you
someone pass me the anesthetic, you hurt too much
the heavy eyelids slip on the corneas and seal the deal
like a vault, and you're trying to crack the code
the dialtone must have done the trick
i'm awake now and crunching numbers like my neck
the sounds of me becoming desperate
they make me want to beat the fuck out of myself
but i could never hurt myself as much as you can
you're the cancer that has made a name for itself
there just is no cure, we did what we could
and you're a famine sweeping my generation
we've grown hungry and thirsty waiting for you
and when you finally decided to show your face
we were starving and we couldn't see
just how bad you could really be
and I'm lost among thousands of others
we're waiting here cold and coagulated
and blood's just never enough
and we're dying for love
and saying we found it
just to stay alive
but we're only faking it
this only looks like reality
we are all just a bunch of zombies
and the only real thing I have left
is a bunch of traumatic memories
and a few scenes of dramatic dialogue
you could call this just a play on words
but I'm thinking more along the lines
of the big screen

No comments: