Monday, April 7, 2008

drunk driver vs. runaway bride

The cure is in
The doctors wait patiently
A step away from success or surrender
say a prayer under the knife
anesthetic sense of aesthetics
sleep induced sense of beauty
you look so beautiful passed out on the operating table
only I can stand to see them cut you open like that
and at the same time I have fallen in love
everything you've ever said stored
is now leaking
and I'm hearing everything that makes you tick
that makes you faint
make you sweat
makes you swear
makes you you
you'll be awake shortly
then you'll be back home
just follow the doctor's five day postop recovery directions
you'll be back to breaking my heart soon
and to think if i really wanted to
you were wide open
now any disease you could have, you could be
is just another way of saying I was right
and my insufficient fear of pulling the plug
has become the biggest decision I have to face
now to end your suspense
and end your life
I'm sorry, but this is goodbye
close your eyes sweetheart
this is for our own (you're no) good
from the insides (hands and thighs)
slow your sighs (dear sore sight for my eyes)
now that we've shared our last kiss
(no easy way to say) you die
keep your friends close
and your boyfriends closer
that saying you always hurt the ones you love
well, it works both ways

No comments: