Sunday, April 13, 2008

A night out against the town

Sitting here at the show tonight
the local scene is shining bright
and I'm paying for my mistakes
of letting the wrong crowd in
I need to better prepare my VIP list
cuz at this rate anyone can get in
and it's really just a shame
I'm taking away from my name
The mission statement hanging above the entrance
and the club really doesn't care
when everybody you hate's already on the floor
dance the night away
and leave your stress at the door
or more like in my chest
I feel like explosion is definite
and hating you is almost certain for the forecast
i heard you were (a) hit, i'm (glad i) miss(ed) you
well i wish i did, but i was there
like the soldiers staring at Christ at Calvary
2-0
You're winning this
your influence can be clearly felt
mine has choked into a different shade of blue
me vs. a million
the shame is i can't carry this cross
and once i'm nailed to it
it'll be the equivalent of putting the final nail in my coffin
my mausoleum i once called the memphis music scene
and if you find the real me again
just tell me if you see him

No comments: