Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a starbucks serenade

Another day of waking up
another shot of no sleep
drinking it straight from my favorite coffee cup
thinking about the night before
long before she was lore
in another picture looking pretty
leaving me on my bedroom floor feeling pretty shitty
fell asleep last night
told her i would hold her tight
tried to make her smile herself to sleep
but there's more on her mind than counting sheep
sneaking out of my window
tried to slip it off, but she slipped out
she drove over to his place
watch his hands run through her face
this was once my favorite place
now i feel a total disgrace
angels sometimes lose their halos
sometime they even fall from heaven
i'm just counting all my held breaths
trying to make it past seven
heartbreak is the lastest trend
she's getting a nine out of ten
the only point she's lacking is
she's losing all of her friends
true heartbreakers stick together
she once wrote best friends forever
even got it tattooed on her back
now best friends is what she lacks
and i almost feel sorry
her pretty eyes shine so starry
but now the sun is coming up
time to pour another cup

No comments: