Tuesday, May 6, 2008

merchant of death (wasting a few hours with you)

I'm hiding behind an iron mask
and a metal shell that let's me tell you
how i feel
I want to save the world
attack of the apathetic cool kids
and revenge of the nerds
it's a war and by god i'm suiting up
my hands can map a million faces
but my heart only knows its way around one
and i'm still dying and choking on the oxygen
of your last words
and i'm an arms dealer selling apologies left and right
but you're not buying me anymore
and i'm stuck on an old shelf with a sign
that says: used goods
feeling like a ghost of something that was never quite real
and you've got me down to the look and feel
the taste and touch of the frown i wear heavily
i'm trying to sleep you by
get through this night one more time
just be alive
live out the feelings
knock out the ceilings
tonight we won't be here for long

No comments: