Friday, July 9, 2010

hearts hanging from tongues dimly lit

I remember
when you could make me move
oh the nights
of being stuck to your hands
like a beartrap
flypaper stuck to sighing skin
aching for new life
this old oxygen's gone stale
and i'm rethinking the strategy
to breaking down my barriers completely
hack this matrix
crack the code
til we all see it plain as day
me and you can feel it
our veins flooding
and all the blood swimming
in the coast
of the cost of this instability
life isn't what it seems
until the lights go out
and the strobelight streams
fill my lungs with the smoke in this club
and there's nowhere else on earth
where you can make this kind of love
i am one with you tonight
and the higher i get, the brighter the light
approaching God without a care
it's just midnight, it's only life

No comments: