Tuesday, August 19, 2008

sing youself out of this one (sign myself to the night)

I'm like a disaster in that "coming to theaters soon" kind of way
you're always glued to the screen looking for the release date
when you don't even notice that i've been out forever
out of this world, out of my mind, out of my clothes, out of luck
insider trading, scars for stories, takes one to know one
i've got a lifetime membership to the lonely hearts club
but you never notice the other people at the meetings
that's the point, we're not in this together
we're in here by ourselves forever, best friends is a myth
if i could prove everything fake was real, would we be able to work?
from the aliens to nessie to bigfoot to ghosts
i just want everyone to change their minds
if only the talltales were cut down to size, you could believe my eyes
i've got the blues in my sockets, you can't stare into them for long tho
like the ocean, you'll drown, mouth to mouth, you let my flesh breathe
the way she used to mean everything, now her definition is gone
i'm gonna rewrite the dictionary in a big, new way
every word will be accompanied by a picture of you
the girl of many words, fuck yous, and never sorry
i just wanna hear that song on the radio so i can fall in love again

more in the late PM when my mind is out of its cell/itself

No comments: