Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've got too much time on my hands (but this watch is broken)

Isn't it funny how sometimes we put the best things on hold
second best is on the other line
sometimes we never drag these lakes for the truth
sometimes we take anything she says
we're not as good as gold, but we're still trying
walking hand in hand, you've got me hooked
this is just the prologue to history
we were here before you
we'll be around long after
you're so desperate to hear me say it
but that would be a lie sweetheart
remember, your resolution was to tell the truth
you can't cut corners like you cut your wrists
baby steps vs. full grown breaths
time to stop the presses and get shit straight
gossip columns can't save you now
you know i found the truth in blue
cuz blue never reminds me of me and you

No comments: